Petrus provides accommodation and support for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. At any one time, Petrus can provide a homely place to live to 187 people.
Click here to Make a referral to Petrus Housing.
Petrus has supported housing schemes throughout the Borough of Rochdale and in Oldham. Some schemes have bedrooms with a shared lounge, kitchen, laundry and washing facilities, and others are self-contained flats.
Petrus’ residents often have complex needs, including mental health, domestic abuse, substance or alcohol abuse, learning disabilities or have committed criminal offences.
Petrus Housing offers different levels of support and our highly qualified and experienced staff work with each resident on a one-to-one basis to provide the support that they need.
Our goal is to support residents to become ready for independent housing. We do this by providing the right level of support, by encouraging them to make their own decisions, address their barriers and become independent.
Staff work with residents and create a support plan. Residents set their own personal objectives and we work with them to help them achieve their goals.
Support we provide includes:
- Social, emotional and relationship support
- Financial support, including benefits
- Tenancy management
- Physical and mental health
- Registering with a GP, dentist or attending medical reviews
- Life skills, including cooking, budgeting and cleaning
- Signposting residents to relevant agencies who can provide further support
- Social activities, including training courses
- Assistance with correspondence
- Regular housing meetings where they can provide feedback about our services.
When they feel they are ready, we start to talk about moving on to independent housing and make sure they are prepared to find a new home.
Petrus is always available to residents even once they have moved on via the Petrus Hub.