Petrus provides accommodation and support for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. At any one time, Petrus can provide a safe place to live to 207 people.
Petrus has supported housing schemes throughout the Borough of Rochdale, Oldham and Bury. Some schemes have bedrooms with a shared lounge, kitchen, laundry and washing facilities, and others are self-contained flats.
Click here to Make a referral to Petrus Housing.
Petrus’ residents often have complex needs, including negative mental health, experience of domestic abuse, substance or alcohol abuse, learning disabilities or have committed criminal offences.
Petrus Housing offers various levels of support and our highly qualified and experienced staff work with each resident on a one-to-one basis to provide the support that they need.
Our goal is to support residents to live independently. We do this by providing the right level of support, by encouraging residents to make their own decisions and address any barriers.
Staff work with residents and create a tailored support plan to suit their needs and circumstances. Residents set their own personal objectives and we work with them to help them achieve their goals.
Support we provide includes:
- Social, emotional and relationship support
- Financial support, including benefits advice
- Tenancy management
- Physical and mental health
- Registering with a GP, dentist or attending medical reviews
- Life skills, including cooking, budgeting and cleaning
- Signposting to relevant agencies who can provide further support
- Social activities, including training courses
- Assistance with correspondence
- Regular housing meetings
- Opportunities to co-priduce services
When residents feel they are ready, we start to talk about moving on to independent accommodation and make sure they are ready and prepared to move to a new home.
Petrus is always available to residents via the Petrus Hub, even once they have moved on.