We welcome your views and opinions. We use your feedback to understand what we are getting right, what we are getting wrong and where we can improve.

We treat all complaints confidentially, respectfully and fairly so please get in touch.
The Housing Ombudsman has published a new Complaint Handling Code, which all landlords must publish a self-assessment against.

View our  Customer Feedback Policy [pdf]

We really appreciate your time and your answers will help us to continue to deliver the services that are most important to you. Thank you very much in advance.

What is a compliment, comment or complaint?

Compliment: complimentary feedback about our services. We welcome all types of feedback and our staff particularly enjoy receiving compliments, especially when they know they have made a customer happy.  Please let us know and we can pass on your thanks!

Comment: general feedback about our services which may include ideas, suggestions and solutions about how we could improve our services.  Your comments about our services may be used during policy reviews so please let us know if you have any ideas about how you think we could do things better.

Complaint: an expression of dissatisfaction. This could be about the standard of our service, or perhaps you feel we have not delivered the services to agreed standards, quality or timescales.  Unfortunately, sometimes things do go wrong and we encourage you to let us know when this has been the case so we can put things right and hopefully prevent it from happening again to you or another customer.

How can I tell you what I think?

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to provide feedback, so there are lots of different ways to get in touch:

You can:

  • Call us on (01706) 526289
  • Email
  • Write to us at Petrus Hub, 73 Great George Street, Rochdale, OL16 1QG
  • Send us a message through our Facebook page or Twitter channel

Whatever way you choose to contact us, we want to hear from you. Your feedback makes a real difference to the services we provide.

Compliments and comments: contact us and we will record and review your compliments and comments. We will use your feedback to improve services, where necessary.

Complaints: please tell us about your complaint as soon as possible. When you receive your complaint reference number and know who is dealing with it, please keep the information safe so you can use it if you need to contact us about your complaint. If someone is speaking to us on your behalf, please ensure they have your permission and that we know beforehand so we can talk to them.

What will we do with feedback?

First Time Resolution

When we receive your complaint, we will aim to resolve it when you first tell us that you are unhappy with our service; this is referred to as a First Time Resolution. We aim to respond to you within 5 working days and provide a resolution to your complaint.  This will be either by the person taking the complaint from you or it may be passed to the relevant team for specialist advice.

If we can't resolve your complaint at First Time Resolution, we will escalate your complaint to the Final Resolution stage of our complaint process.

Final Resolution

If your complaint has not been resolved at First Time Resolution, we will further investigate the matter.

We will agree a date with you to respond by, keep you informed of progress and give you the name of the Manager who is investigating your complaint. They will look at all the issues you have raised, and will aim to respond within 15 working days.

If you are unhappy with our Final Resolution you will be advised to refer your complaint to either the Housing Ombudsman or a Designated Person.

Designated Person

At any point throughout our complaints process, you may take your complaint to a Designated Person. A Designated Person can be a Member of Parliament, a Local Councillor in the area where you live, or a recognised residents’ panel. They will try and help you resolve your complaint locally.

Housing Ombudsman

If they are unable to resolve your complaint, they may also advise you to refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. The Housing Ombudsman will then decide if they can look into the complaint, and will let you know if they can take up your case on your behalf.