Our Store on Hamer Lane will sadly not reopen again but in its place are new opportunities for our team and the community.
When we were forced to close our Store last year due to COVID-19 restrictions, we took the time to review how we can provide even greater outcomes and services to the community through other ways.
Following this review, we made the decision to close the Store permanently.
However, despite the Store closing, there will be a huge increase in the number of opportunities available for volunteers, staff and the wider community. This includes:
- Offering new enhanced volunteering opportunities across our services, such as at our Hub and allotment PIER
- Partnering with local organisations to deliver green space and social prescribing activity to support Rochdale’s health and wellbeing in a holistic way
- Preparing for our return to the Tatton Park Flower Show in July 2021
- Expanding the hours we deliver support services at our Hub on Great George Street
- Introducing our Careers Academy programme with Liverpool-based training provider The Learning Foundry, to develop employability skills and increase confidence across the borough
Many service users have volunteered at the Store since the doors opened in 2013, and we’re pleased to be able to say there will be no job or volunteer losses - all of our wonderful volunteers are being supported to find other roles within Petrus. And with exciting growth plans ahead, volunteers will be able to increase their skills and expand the invaluable support they offer.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who has supported our Store over the years. Whether you have donated or purchased items or supported our appeals, you have been a huge part of our charity and the work we do to help people who are in housing need or are experiencing homelessness.
We’re selling some of the remaining items we have in store online on our eBay page. Visit www.ebay.co.uk/usr/petruspeoplestore if you’d like to continue supporting us.
Other items will be donated to local families in need. If you are in need of any household items, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Keep checking back to hear more about our plans for the future and to discover ways you can get involved.
To stay up to date:
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/petrus_cmty
Like our charity’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/petrus.cmty