Petrus Community Store
Buy, donate to or volunteer in the Petrus Community Store
On 4th January 2021, the government announced a national lockdown. For the time being, our Store will remain temporarily closed until mid-February. Please do not leave donations outside of the Store as this is a fire hazard and can put our volunteers and staff at risk. We appreciate your patience and continued support.
The Petrus Community Store in Rochdale sells second-hand, high quality goods such as furniture, homeware, books, music, clothing and more.
All funds raised help us to support people experiencing homelessness.
For a list of items we cannot usually accept due to health and safety reasons, please see the bottom of this page.
A volunteer working in the Store will serve customers, sort donated items, create displays, and more.
Our volunteers receive training and support to learn new skills. Anyone can volunteer, no experience is needed.
If this is something that you'd like to do, visit our Volunteer page.
For further information on how to donate or to get help with furniture, appliances and household goods, please contact the Store on 01706 341189 or email email@example.com
Get great deals on our eBay!
Check out what bargains we're selling on our eBay below.
Every purchase helps to fund support for people experiencing homelessness and those in housing need.
Ordering a £5 item from our Store will cover the cost of 5 meals for rough sleepers at our Hub.
How to find us
Unit 1, Hamer Lane, Rochdale, OL16 2UL.
The Petrus Store is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Saturday 10am to 3pm
Donated items that the Store cannot accept
Appliances and equipment
- Gas appliances
- Lighters or barbecue equipment
- Oil heaters, petrol or diesel fuelled items
- Computer hard drives
- Any protective head gear
- Wheelchairs and wheeled walkers
- Four-wheeled mobility scooters
Medical and cosmetic items
- Any medication, including vitamins
- Opened cosmetics and perfumes
- Dentures and prosthesis
- Earrings and jewellery for pierced body parts
- Prescription glasses
- Firearms and ammunition
- Weapons and realistic toy weapons
- Butcher's knives, flick knives, swords, daggers, axes
- Solvents and glues.
- Toys without the CE mark
- Second hand children's shoes (we can only accept unworn shoes)
- Cot, crib or moses basket mattresses
- Children's car seats or booster seats
- Used breast pumps, sterilisers or baby monitors
- Baby walking frames, door bouncers, baby slings
- Child safety gates
- Repainted cots
- Prams and pushchairs.
- Cigarettes, tobacco and related products
- Drugs (legal or illegal)
- Animal products made from or including fur, bone, ivory or tortoiseshell
- Upholstered furniture that does not have a fire safety label
- Private or homemade CDs or DVDs
- Clothing with drawstrings around the neck.