Petrus Community Store
Buy, donate to or volunteer in the Petrus Community Store
The Petrus Community Store in Rochdale sells second-hand, high quality goods such as furniture, homeware, books, music, clothing and more.
All funds raised help us to support people experiencing homelessness.
If you'd like to donate to the Store, you can drop off your donations during opening hours, or leave them at the garage to the rear of the building if we are not in. We can also arrange a free collection service.
Everyone is welcome to shop at the Store. We can arrange delivery to your home from £10.
Keep up to date with Store products and discounts by following the Store Facebook page.
Unfortunately there are a number of items that the Store cannot accept due to health and safety reasons. You can find a list at the bottom of this page.
A volunteer working in the Store will serve customers, sort donated items, create displays, and more.
Our volunteers receive training and support to learn new skills. Anyone can volunteer, no experience is needed.
If this is something that you'd like to do, visit our Volunteer page.
For further information on how to donate or to get help with furniture, appliances and household goods, please contact the Store on 01706 341189 or email email@example.com.
How to find us
Unit 1, Hamer Lane, Rochdale, OL16 2UL.
The Petrus Store is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Saturday 10am to 3pm
Donated items that the Store cannot accept
Appliances and equipment
- Gas appliances
- Lighters or barbecue equipment
- Oil heaters, petrol or diesel fuelled items
- Computer hard drives
- Any protective head gear
- Wheelchairs and wheeled walkers
- Four-wheeled mobility scooters
Medical and cosmetic items
- Any medication, including vitamins
- Opened cosmetics and perfumes
- Dentures and prosthesis
- Earrings and jewellery for pierced body parts
- Prescription glasses
- Firearms and ammunition
- Weapons and realistic toy weapons
- Butcher's knives, flick knives, swords, daggers, axes
- Solvents and glues.
- Toys without the CE mark
- Second hand children's shoes (we can only accept unworn shoes)
- Cot, crib or moses basket mattresses
- Children's car seats or booster seats
- Used breast pumps, sterilisers or baby monitors
- Baby walking frames, door bouncers, baby slings
- Child safety gates
- Repainted cots
- Prams and pushchairs.
- Cigarettes, tobacco and related products
- Drugs (legal or illegal)
- Animal products made from or including fur, bone, ivory or tortoiseshell
- Upholstered furniture that does not have a fire safety label
- Private or homemade CDs or DVDs
- Clothing with drawstrings around the neck.